To become an International Student in Portugal you must apply for a “residence visa” issued by the Portuguese consular authorities in your country of residence. For further information on obtaining a visa, please visit the Portuguese consular gateway and the website Study in Portugal.

Upon arrival, you have three days to report your entry in the country to the Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF). After that period a tax will be charged by SEF.

You must also apply for a residence permit at SEF. SEF has a pre-booking system through which you can ask for an appointment. Please visit the website.

As a student from the UAc you’ll be automatically covered by our accident insurance policy, which covers any personal accident you may suffer in the University Campus or while traveling to and from the campus during the semesters.

The UAc does not offer students health insurance of any kind. We advise you to obtain one.