Your future starts here!
If you wish to enroll in an undergraduate/license program at the University of the Azores, and you are not Portuguese or from any other state of the European Union, you must apply to the Special Admission Contest, specifically designed for you.
The Special Admission Contest for International Students is meant for students who cumulatively:
- Do not have Portuguese nationality;
- Hold a qualification that allows them to apply to higher education in Portugal or a Portuguese secondary school diploma or legally equivalent qualification.
The International Student Status is NOT meant for:
- Citizens from Portugal or from other States of the European Union;
- Family members of Portuguese nationals nor European Union member State nationals, regardless of their nationality;
- Foreign students who legally live in Portugal for more than two straight years up to January 1st of the year in which they apply to higher education, as well as any descendants with whom they legally live;
- Beneficiaries, on January 1st 2020, of the equal rights and duties status, under the international treaty granted between the Portuguese State and the State of which they are nationals;
- Foreign students who attend the UAc under international student mobility programs;
- Foreign students applying to higher education through the special admission contests regulated by Decree-Law 393-A/99, of October 2, amended by Decree-Law 272/2009, of October 1;
- Foreign students enrolled in the UAc before the school year of 2020/2021, who are equivalent to Portuguese students until completion, without interruption, of their study program.