You can experience a non-curricular internship with European credits (ECTS), in the Schools and research centers of the University of the Azores.
AT IVAR ACADEMY (RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR VOLCANOLOGY AND RISK ASSESSMENT)
- The IVAR Academy provides 2 types of internship, one directed to the specialization in a scientific area of IVAR, and another transversal to the different scientific areas, which pretends to give a more comprehensive vision of the investigation and monitoring activities developed in a Volcano Observatory. All internship programs are integrated and adapted to research projects ongoing at IVAR.
- Learn more here
IN OTHER RESEARCH CENTERS AND SCHOOLS
- Please tell us about your interests and time preferences. We will contact the Research Centres and/or Schools in order to find the internship that may be more suitable for you.
To apply for an internship, you must have completed an undergradion/license degree or may be enrolled in a master or doctorate degree.
The tuition for the internship programs vary according to your academic degree and the duration of your internship
- Applicants with a License degree: 125 € / month
- Applicants with a Master degree: 225 € / month
- Applicants with a PhD: 325 € / month
On your application, you must pay a 15€ fee, nonrefundable.
When you enroll at the Academic Services you must pay for a personal accident insurance 3.08€.
First, you must register here.
Afterwards, choose the option “Formação Complementar/Continuous Training” and fill in the application form “Estágios/Internships”.
Your application will be analyzed and you will soon get feedback from our services.