You can experience a non-curricular internship with European credits (ECTS) in the Schools and Research Centres of the University of the Azores (UAc).
CHOOSE YOUR PROGRAM
At IVAR Academy (Research Institute for Volcanology and Risk Assessment)
- The IVAR Academy provides 2 types of internship, one directed to the specialization in a scientific area of IVAR, and another transversal to the different scientific areas, which pretends to give a more comprehensive vision of the investigation and monitoring activities developed in a Volcano Observatory. All internship programs are integrated and adapted to research projects ongoing at IVAR.
- Learn more here
At other Research Centres and Schools
- Please tell us about your interests and time preferences. We will help you finding the internship that may be more suitable for you at our Research Centres and/or Schools.
- Some of the other Research Centres of UAc:
- OKEANOS (Faial Island Campus) http://www.okeanos.uac.pt/en/
- CIBIO-Açores (“Research Centre in Biodiversity and Genetic Resources – Azores”) http://cibio.uac.pt/en
- CBA (“Biotechnology Centre of Azores”) http://cba.uac.pt/
- GBA (“Azorean Biodiversity Group”) http://gba.uac.pt/
- IITAA (“Research Institute for Agrarian and Environmental Technologies” – Terceira Island Campus) http://iitaa.uac.pt/
- CICS.NOVA.UAC (“Social Sciences Interdisciplinary Centre” – São Miguel Island Campus) http://www.cics.nova.fcsh.unl.pt/polos/cics-nova-uacores
- CEEAplA-A (“Centre of Applied Economics Studies of the Atlantic – Azores” – São Miguel Island Campus) https://ceeapla.uac.pt/index.php?static=ceeaplaa
To apply for an internship, you must have completed an undergraduate/license degree or may be enrolled in a master or doctorate degree.
The tuition for the internship programs vary according to your academic degree and the duration of your internship.
- Applicants with a License degree: 125 € / month
- Applicants with a Master degree: 225 € / month
- Applicants with a PhD: 325 € / month
When you enroll at the Academic Services you must pay for a personal accident insurance (3.05€).
First, you must register here.
Afterwards, choose the option “Formação Complementar/Continuous Training” and fill in the application form “Estágios/Internships”.
Your application will be analyzed and you will soon get feedback from our services.