ERASMUS+ promote mobility and cooperation in higher education in Europe. The University of the Azores (UAc) joined this program in 1987, and holds an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
ERASMUS+ (2014-2020) promotes international cooperation projects in teaching, lifelong learning/training experiences, and research. It includes the following key actions:
- Learning mobility for individuals
- Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practice
- support for policy reform
This program offers students the possibility to carry out a period of studies with full academic recognition in a foreign country inside or outside the European Union. In doing so, students only have to pay tuition fees at the University of origin (no tuitions are due in host institutions) and may profit from the educational, linguistic, and cultural plan offered by each host institution/country, developing new skills, experiencing different teaching methodologies, and enjoying an international experience with personal and future professional advantages.
ERASMUS+ provides students the opportunity to undertake a professional traineeship in a one year period counting from the completion of their (under)graduation, without having to pay any tuition. In order to be able to do so, students cannot ask for their certificate/diploma before finishing their traineeship.
ERASMUS+ also promotes staff mobility for teaching assignments or short training experiences in foreign universities inside or outside the European Union, with which the University of origin has signed bilateral agreements.
CHECK OUR GRADUATION PROGRAMS HERE
Check our Student’s Handbook Here
BEFORE APPLYING TO STUDY MOBILITY
If you wish to apply for study mobility within the ERASMUS+ program at the University of the Azores (UAc), first check if your University has signed a bilateral agreement with the UAc. If not, you can suggest your University to sign one.
Please note that classes in the UAc are taught in Portuguese. If you are not proficient in Portuguese, it will help if you speak English. From 2016/2017 the European linguistic platform (OLS) offers you a course in Portuguese language. We strongly recommend that you evaluate your level of knowledge of the Portuguese language, and, if needed, take the course online. Ask your University for access to OLS.
When you submit your application you may also apply for Portuguese Language classes in the UAc. Classes take place during the semester and provide you with 6 ECTS, if you succeed.
Before submitting your application, please consult the study plans for Bachelor, Master and PhD offered by the UAc or contact the Coordinators for Mobility.
Classes in Portugal are graded from 0 to 20. Grades will be established based on the following tables:
|MARK(quantitative)||ECTS EQUIVALENT||FINAL SITUATION|
ECTS GRADING SCALE
|ECTS GRADING SCALE|
|% OF SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS NORMALLY ACHIEVING THE GRADE IN THE COURSE|
NOMINATIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY PARTNERS
The University must send to email address the nomination of the student.
- 1st Semester/ 1 Year – until May 31
- 2nd Semester (Spring Semester) – until October 31
To proceed with your application you must make sure that your University sent your nomination to the UAc.
You should also make sure you have copies of the following documents:
- Learning Agreement (signed by you and by the responsible person at your University).
- Passport or identity card
- European Health Insurance Card (for non-European students ‒ Proof of appropriate health insurance)
- If you wish to apply for ERASMUS mobility at the UAc, you must submit your application here. Follow the instructions.
- If you wish to apply for accommodation in our students’ residences, you must submit application here. Follow the instructions.
DEADLINES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
- 1st Semester (Autumn Semester) – from May 1st to June 30th
- 2nd Semester (Spring Semester) – from October 1st to November 30th
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION FOR TRAINEESHIPS
If you wish to apply for a Traineeship at the UAc, you must contact our External Relations Office, informing about your study area. We will report back to you.
- Learning Agreement for Studies
- Changes to the Learning agreement for Studies
- Learning Agreement for Traineeships
- Changes to the Learning Agreement for Traineeships
- Certificate of Arrival
- Certificate of Departure/Stay
If you wish to visit the UAc on the ERASMUS+ program you should check if your University has signed a bilateral agreement with us. If not, you can suggest your University to sign one.
Next, you should contact our External Relations Office, indicating the type of mobility (teaching or training), the area of mobility, and the dates you prefer. We shall contact you back.
For information on the procedures and deadlines for your application you should contact your own University.