The University of the Azores offers you several doctorate programs in different fields. Our doctorate programs guarantee excellent research conditions in articulation with our research centres.
Doctoral programs last six semesters, providing 180 ECTS credits. They include an original dissertation on a specific field of knowledge, as well as, in some cases, completing a set of courses focused on research skills and specific topics.
Students who approve in the final public exam, based on their dissertation, get a doctoral degree.
|SCHOOL||DOCTORAL PROGRAM||TUITION PER YEAR|
|School of Agrarian & Environmental Sciences Campus of Angra do Heroísmo||Agrarian Sciences||2 535 €|
|Interdisciplinary Management of the Landscape||3 020 €|
|School of Business & Economics Campus of Ponta Delgada||Business & Economics||2 535 €|
|School of Sciences and Technology Campus of Ponta Delgada||Biology||2 535 €|
|Ocean Sciences||2 535 €|
|Geology||2 535 €|
|School of Social Sciences & Humanities Campus of Ponta Delgada||Atlantic islands: History, Patrimony and Institutional Legal Framework||1 665 €|
|Insular & Atlantic History (XV-XX Centuries)||1 665€|
|Insular Literatures & Cultures||1 665€|
Tuition may be paid in one or more installments:
- One installment in September
- Two installments in September and March
- Three installments in September, January and May
- Four installments in September, December, March and June
Application fee is 70€ non-refundable.
Enrollment fee is 30€ non-refundable.
For admission to a doctoral degree at the University of the Azores, you must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Hold a master degree or legal equivalent in the field required in the entrance conditions;
- Hold a license/undergraduate degree and have an especially relevant academic or scientific curriculum;
- Have an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that the University of the Azores acknowledges as proof of ability to complete the program.